This privacy statement is provided by Dirt Devil (referred to as 'Dirt Devil' in these terms) for the information of visitors ('you' or 'your') to its dirtdevil.co.uk website. Dirt Devil is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy statement explains how Dirt Devil uses the information collected about you and how you can instruct Dirt Devil if you prefer to limit the use of that information. In these terms, 'third parties' means persons, firms or companies that are not subsidiary or associated or joint venture companies of Dirt Devil. By placing an order on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Who we Are
Registered Office address: Dirt Devil, Unit 302, Pointon Way, Stonebridge Cross, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire, WR9 0LW, United Kingdom.
Information Gathered by Dirt Devil
2. When you order products or services on www.dirtdevil.co.uk, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, address and credit or debit card information. Dirt Devil may also collect information about you from emails or letters that you send to Dirt Devil or from telephone calls with you.
3. The information that you provide enables Dirt Devil to supply you with further information about Dirt Devil's company, products, services and any future competitions. It also helps Dirt Devil to contact you if you have requested further information or logged an enquiry.
4. Dirt Devil may on occasion, collect additional personal information from any competitions that you may enter through the website.
5. Dirt Devil may also use collected information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage and its services and it may also provide such information to third parties. You cannot be personally identified by this information.
Data Protection Act 1998
6. Dirt Devil has notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 that the information may be obtained about individuals
7. Cookies are small amounts of information that we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details, Dirt Devil's system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow Dirt Devil to monitor website traffic and to personalise site content for you. A cookie will not allow a website operator to obtain information of a personal nature that will identify you to us, such as your name and address. Dirt Devil will only be aware of such information if you provide the information, or if you have set the preferences in your browser to provide this information automatically. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Dirt Devil site. You can withdraw you consent to the use of the cookie at any time.
Distribution of Data
8. Any information that is gathered from visitors to our website is used by us and possibly third parties unless you send us an email as mentioned in paragraph 12.
9. If our business or any part of the business is sold or integrated with another business your data and information may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and may be passed on to the new owners of the business or relevant part of the business who may use such data and information for the various purposes given in this privacy statement
10. By visiting dirtdevil.co.uk, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this privacy statement. Dirt Devil may change its privacy statement at any time. If Dirt Devil changes its privacy statement, it will post the changes on this website, so that you may be aware of the information it collects and how Dirt Devil uses it at all times. Dirt Devil will also contact you should it make any changes so that you may have the opportunity to object to the changes so far as they relate to your data and information.
11. Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, there is a possibility that your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your information to us you consent to these transfers.
Use of Your Information
12. Your information will enable Dirt Devil to supply the goods you have requested. It will also enable Dirt Devil to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders. Dirt Devil will also use and analyse the information collected to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
13. Dirt Devil will not be held liable for any breach of security not caused by Dirt Devil's negligence which results in loss to the consumer.
Accessing and Updating
14. You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask Dirt Devil to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to Dirt Devil at the address in paragraph 1. Dirt Devil is entitled by law to charge a fee to meet its costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
Disclosure of Your Information
15. The information you provide to Dirt Devil will be held on its computers in the UK and accessed by or given to its staff working within the UK. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on its behalf. Dirt Devil will only disclose this information to third parties for the purposes of validating your credit card.
16. Unless required to do so by law, Dirt Devil will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to Dirt Devil without your consent.
LImitation of Liability
17. If you request Dirt Devil to remove your personal information from its databases or you wish Dirt Devil to amend or change the information held about you on its database, Dirt Devil will remove or amend any such information on your request. Such requests should be made by email to email@example.com or by letter to the address in paragraph 1.
Security and Data Retention
18. Dirt Devil employs security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Dirt Devil will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Changes to our Privacy Polity
Contact Dirt Devil
20. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how Dirt Devil runs its website or your dealings with Dirt Devil, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
21. The terms of this privacy statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.